Oikos..
I like my oikos.There is a sense of spontaeity,solidarity,joy and love within it.I can't describe..I've never sen anything quite like it..People are so willing to volunteer,to help out for this and that...and I feel that I really have known them for years,even thought I 've only just joined them.I believe it's the Holy Spirit's anointing..He brings people together and unites them.Indeed this cell group is so united! I cannot say how much joy I have when I'm with them,and Friday becomes a day when one looks forward to,not only because it's the weekend,but because I can be renewed in my mind and Spirit.True,you can be renewed even as you spend quality time with the Lord,which I do,but days in dental school and hall do tire me out,and hence my need for renewal with people at the oikos who show me that they really care.And to couple that with what I read that day as I was doing my Q.T(which is short for Quiet Time),I found a verse which read
'Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.'
Hebrews 10:25
And yesterday we discussed, the importance of the new covenant with Jesus and the importance of the Holy Comunion:
This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 1 Corinthians 11:25
Somehow ,even though I have seen these verses before,and read through them,they are having a new and special meaning to me now.Even as I feel that being in dental school is like a dark and seemingly never ending tunnel..full of pitfalls if you'renot careful,yet still I know my Lord is with me wherever I go.
I like my oikos.There is a sense of spontaeity,solidarity,joy and love within it.I can't describe..I've never sen anything quite like it..People are so willing to volunteer,to help out for this and that...and I feel that I really have known them for years,even thought I 've only just joined them.I believe it's the Holy Spirit's anointing..He brings people together and unites them.Indeed this cell group is so united! I cannot say how much joy I have when I'm with them,and Friday becomes a day when one looks forward to,not only because it's the weekend,but because I can be renewed in my mind and Spirit.True,you can be renewed even as you spend quality time with the Lord,which I do,but days in dental school and hall do tire me out,and hence my need for renewal with people at the oikos who show me that they really care.And to couple that with what I read that day as I was doing my Q.T(which is short for Quiet Time),I found a verse which read
'Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.'
Hebrews 10:25
And yesterday we discussed, the importance of the new covenant with Jesus and the importance of the Holy Comunion:
This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 1 Corinthians 11:25
Somehow ,even though I have seen these verses before,and read through them,they are having a new and special meaning to me now.Even as I feel that being in dental school is like a dark and seemingly never ending tunnel..full of pitfalls if you'renot careful,yet still I know my Lord is with me wherever I go.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home