I heard today that a well loved senior who only just graduated from dentistry passed away a few days ago.It came a a genuine shock to everyone,everybody was talking about it this morning.Some went for his funeral yesterday. I don't know him very well,but I remember him as someone who was on fire for the Lord,encouraging the christians in the faculty to meet up regularly to pray and share,etc. He was deeply concerned over a friend who had just known Christ,and was always asking me(since I knew her as well)to encourage her to come to church,something I did. His Christ-like love and character was evident even to those who were non-believers.
His passing away was peaceful,we heard that it occurred in his sleep.His death got me thinking...really hard..is God trying to say something to us?I remember a friend write in his blog regarding a funeral,'See,life is short'. But this senior's death was so sobering because of his young age(only a few year older than us,just graduated two years ago). His fervency for God,the way he lived his life,was such a wonderful testimony that everybody found it hard to believe that he would be called away just like that. Maybe,God wanted him to experience a far better life than he could ever experience here on earth?
His passing away reminded me how short life can be,not only that,but how important it is to place our priorities on things that really matter.All too often,we get caught up with our own little lives...work,sleep,reaching our goals(ie to graduate soon etc),but the message really hit home today when I heard about this senior's death.It's like all these things ,while somewhat essential,are not the be-all and end-all of things...after all,from dust we come,from dust we shall depart,and it happens to both princes and paupers.
I just felt today that book of Ecclesiastes was really applicable,it spoke to me,what the real role of man is,that is to fear God and obey his commandments.
His passing away was peaceful,we heard that it occurred in his sleep.His death got me thinking...really hard..is God trying to say something to us?I remember a friend write in his blog regarding a funeral,'See,life is short'. But this senior's death was so sobering because of his young age(only a few year older than us,just graduated two years ago). His fervency for God,the way he lived his life,was such a wonderful testimony that everybody found it hard to believe that he would be called away just like that. Maybe,God wanted him to experience a far better life than he could ever experience here on earth?
His passing away reminded me how short life can be,not only that,but how important it is to place our priorities on things that really matter.All too often,we get caught up with our own little lives...work,sleep,reaching our goals(ie to graduate soon etc),but the message really hit home today when I heard about this senior's death.It's like all these things ,while somewhat essential,are not the be-all and end-all of things...after all,from dust we come,from dust we shall depart,and it happens to both princes and paupers.
I just felt today that book of Ecclesiastes was really applicable,it spoke to me,what the real role of man is,that is to fear God and obey his commandments.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home